Devote my time?
- Competency to run a corporation
- Start-up time, months to a year
- Weekly time commitment of approximately 5 to 20 hours to the corporation
- Keep current on matters of self-direction, the disability community, the IRIS Program and the WMA
Meet Financial Requirements?
- Possess start-up and emergency funds, the Microboard should have 60 to 90 days of cash available due to the lag time in reimbursements
- Pay for goods and services on the plan
- Bill the fiscal agency as a vendor
- Act as the employer of record (paying employees rather than sending time sheets to the fiscal agency)
- Practice good record keeping
Honor IRIS Program integrity and Microboard Principles?
- Read and understand the IRIS Participant Handbook
- Read and apply the work orders in the IRIS Vendor Handbook
- Adhere to program integrity in areas of fraud, waste and abuse
- Members of the board of directors may NOT be paid as a care provider or provider of any service (family members who are paid providers may not serve on the Microboard Board of Directors)
- Adhere to best business practices
- Reliable communication with Department of Health Services – IRIS section, consulting agencies and fiscal services